Saturday, July 29, 2006

Long Time Ago In a City Far, Far Away...

CD in Play: At the Drive In, Relationship of Command.

I've talked a lot about Montreal and posted some graffiti pics, but never pics of people. One reason is that I didn't actually take many of people, the other is that most of them are currently packed away. I did find this one however in one of my books. It looks a bit crappy, but that has to do with my Dad's lack of stuff to clean his scanner bed with. This is a pic of me in my bouncer days with Dom Castelli and Krista Muir. (AKA Lederhosen Lucil) Krista's boyfriend at the time shot the photo and I got a copy months later. This was Dom's 36th birthday party. A whole slough of people performed that night at the Jailhouse. Dom played in Bloodshot Bill and the Hupcaps (Dom being the Hubcap, Bill being a good guy named Derek) which was a two piece rock'a'billy act from hell. I don't think their show ended with either of them fighting, so it was unique. The photo was shot in the back room of the club.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I still think you bear a startling resemblance to Frank Black, Magnus.

Hang on to your ego!

30 July, 2006 12:04  
Blogger Magnus said...

Well, you ain't the only one who's said that to me. I had talked with a woman in Montreal, who bore a striking resemblance to Kim Deal, about doing a Pixies cover band. Of course I can't sing like Black and and I play bass, while she played guitar.

30 July, 2006 14:56  
Blogger Magnus said...

Chrissie! that was her name! Her band had a name like Candlepower...

30 July, 2006 14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home