Sunday, July 02, 2006

No Matter How You Look, It's Party Time.

CD in Play: Super Furry Animals, Guerrilla.

A Sort of Child Prodigy

Gavin and Maria's middle child is an unusually creative girl. Things she has made/put up around the house include "Lightswitch to the Sun", numerous self made doll houses/shopping malls/swimming pools/etc, recycles her old socks and turns them into sock puppets, paper dolls, and my ultimate favourite - the picture of a princess with the caption "No matter how you look, it's party time." She was 6 or 7 when she made that one up. Her recent idea was for Internet Exploder. A message pops up while you are online and says Message from Internet Exploder: RUN AWAY! or hit Enter for more Options. Her father's a bit of a nutter so that might explain things.

War Against the Weak

Being a security guard is not particularily prestigious. It has actually caused problems for me in trying to land a place of my own. People refer to us as rent-a-cops, goons, wanna-be's... so it always surprises me when people are slightly shocked to learn that I am not overly fond of my current line of work. Security work these days basically the front line on a war against the impovershed and the downtrodden.
Some of these people pose legitimate problems and can be a real nuisance, but some are just harmless. I can't get into it for certain reasons, but there certain people in the area - security guards from another site - who are going well beyond what they are supposed to do. They kick people out for bottle picking, for looking scruffy, etc.
Anyhow, new options are just on the horizon and things are fixing to get better in my life - so I can leave this sort of crap behind soon, I hope.

May I introduce the Human Mop

Spitting has become an epidemic. These Koreans students spat so much on one stairwell they had covered the first four steps completely in gob. Everywhere I go I see spitttle and plegm all over. I am sick of it. I want to see a health awareness campaign about the problems with spitting - I want fines for people who spit. Tuberculosis is just one disease that can be spread through spitting - and TB has been making a comeback.
If you spit in public, at least have the courtesy to spit down a storm drain or something like that. I'd like to pick up these people and use them to clean up their own messes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

Lightswitch for the sun? I love it.

Please tell Gavin for me that I am so impressed that he's raised a cool intelligent creative daughter...creativity like that should be allowed to run rampant.

03 July, 2006 08:32  
Blogger Magnus said...

It does for the most part, trust me. ;) Much to my surprise, Gavin actually reads my blog from time to time (eg. He was the Internet Exploder in the comments on the post below) so he will see your comments himself probably before I see him. He will forget to tell his wife, however, so I will tell her.

ntqcoorn

03 July, 2006 08:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the child is of age and humanity therefore rendered obsolete, then . . .
. . . whoa, letting that info out too soon! (gulp!)
I'll make sure that Maria finds out how impressed everyone is with Alexandra.

03 July, 2006 10:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In our binary universe you have only two options: extermination or processing. Press F1 to be exterminated, or F2 to be processed. YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS.

03 July, 2006 12:12  
Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

And she's such a quiet girl ...

08 July, 2006 20:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home