Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back in the Saddle

CD in Play: Joy Division, The Best of...

I had an interview with a local security company here in town and have landed a part time job with them. I felt they should know that I am in the application process for a job with the Health Region and it was agreed that they would take me on part time until it was sorted out. If the Health Region doesn't take me on I will officially be full time if I haven't found another job elsewhere. They pay .50 cents less than my old employer in BC, which is $2.10 more than the perogie place. (see below for that story)
The owner seems very... uh, colourful - but his employees look relaxed and happy and they aren't dressed like para-military goon squads. So we'll see how it works out. Saskatchewan is much more unregulated when it comes to security, which I find worrisome. In BC, legislation forces you to actually talk things through with people and use your brain. Not that everyone does, but it is the best option. I am not eager to be back in security and have never ever wanted to work in this industry. But I need to work and the offers haven't been rolling in from other places. One of my references figures I have little to worry about with the Health Region job and his opinion is valuable to me. He said there is just a lot of bureaucracy to go through in jobs like those, so it takes time.
The owner of said security company is also a private investigator and may be willing to be interviewed by me down the road - so I might just be able to get going again on that crime story I was trying to write a while back. It is about someone who thinks he could solve a particular crime, but completely mucks it and his own life up in the process.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy Division, huh?

30 July, 2008 20:18  
Blogger Magnus said...

Yeah, it has been that kind of week. Been alternating between that and Madness.

31 July, 2008 01:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home