Friday, June 27, 2008

Obligatory Birthday Post

CD in Play - The Orb remix of Pink Floyd's Meddle

Notable events that happened on my Birthday. I did this last year so I am trying not to go over all the same round as before.

- Freak Out! by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention was released on this day in 1966.

- The New York Stock Exchange crashed on this day in 1893.

- The USA decided to send troops to Korea on this day in 1950.

- The World's first nuclear power station opened in Obninsk in the former U.S.S.R.

- Former President Richard Nixon visited the U.S.S.R. I presume this is notable for it being the first time.

Today is Mixed Race Day in Brazil and National HIV Testing Day in the USA! ( I am looking at you Betty and RC) For my Orthodox friends, today is the day the commemoration of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. It is also some weird holiday in Germany called or "Seven Sleepers Day". (see wikipedia) If you can read the German article, let me know what it is about. Remember, only 187 days remain until the end of the Gregorian calender year.

3 Comments:

Blogger MaCanuck said...

And have a grand seven sleepers day, too.

27 June, 2008 12:56  
Blogger Geosomin said...

Happy birthday.

How's about a pie? :)

27 June, 2008 15:41  
Blogger Magnus said...

Liver and onions pie.

28 June, 2008 01:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home