Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Ballad of the Lackadaisical Blogger

Photo by c7istian

bg_octopus
Originally uploaded by c7ristian.

"It's never a good day when you wake up with an octopus on your face." A favourite line from Da Vinci's Inquest. Feeling better and less stressed out than in my last post. Just tired of the unemployment cycle. Lot of homeless people here in Vancouver and I do not wish to join their legions. Time to do the lazy blogger thing again.
* I have revised this since it was first posted. I have decide to try and set up weblinks, whenever possible, to the artists/bands/people/things that I mention in this blog.

Current attire: Track pants, hole-ridden socks and a brown t-shirt.

Current mood: Somewhat upbeat. Upbeat but not braindead. Click the link to see what could frighten a curmudgeon like me.

Current music: The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. Looking forward to their new album, "At War With The Mystics".

Current love interest: never again. And I don't think I'll have to worry about a Sean Connery style about face on that assertion.

Current resurgent interest: photography. Now I just need a job so I can develop my film.

Current book: Still plucking away at Man in the High Castle chapter by chapter, but enjoying it this time around.

Current peeve: Neighbourhood scumbags. There are these kids close by my place - all of them known to the cops - who really making a nuisance of themselves these day. You'll be hearing about them on the 6 o'clock news one of these days, I guarantee that.

Current refreshment: green tea with roasted brown rice and popcorn in it.

Current worry: Same stuff - finances, schooling, employment, etc. I have also gained a spectacular amount of weight since returning from Montreal, so I have get serious and loose it. On the job side, I am trying to get a job at a bakery. I need experience so I can go work at one of these remote camps up north. Some of them pay enough on six month contract that I could pay down loans significantly and go back to school to work towards my teaching certificate. That would lead to work right across the country - as there is a shortage of Secondary teachers all throughout Canada. The USA and the UK are also having similar difficulties.

Current thought: *insert sound from a vacuum... here*

2 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

Green tea with rice and popcorn in it huh? Raw rice or cooked rice? ...and popcorn? In the leaves or all floaty like soggy marshmallows?
I'm intrigued.

19 January, 2006 09:43  
Blogger Magnus said...

Um... uh? Yea... I have no idea how to reply to that this morning, too foggy. I have had maybe 9-10 hours of sleep since Sunday. Got to love insomnia.
The tea is very real. It's loose so you have to put it in a hopper or a tea bag to begin with. It's an oolong green tea with *roasted* brown rice (thought I stated that?) and the crumbled popcorn acts as a mild flavouring agent. A coffee shop I go to sells it now (loose) so it is picking up fans around town.
Just for you Heather, I'll try green tea and granola. You and Jay can try green tea with kimchi >:)

19 January, 2006 11:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home