Monday, May 12, 2008

Hillary "Rottweiler" Rodham Clinton

CD in Play: Isis, In the Absence of Truth

Tenacity is an amazing thing, an admirable quality. Greater personal tenacity in the appropriate areas of my life might have seen me through some dark times and in a better position today. However tenacity will only take you so far and at some point a person really does need to learn when to let it go. Failure to learn this can lead to heartache, heartbreak, financial woes, emotional and personal difficulties and so.
About a month ago, I would have used tenacious to describe Hillary Clinton in her bid for the Democratic nomination. Things looked good for her, even though Barack Obama was standing on fairly even footing with her. But their campaigns have dragged on (and on) and I think most Democrats are wishing they could just get it over with. She is in debt and she is losing ground. Super delegates are abandoning her for Mr. Obama and she's resorted to divisive tactics such as race and gender baiting in order to pull ahead. Mr. Obama is wisely turning his attention to John McCain and I think Ms. Clinton had ought to consider her attention to other areas as well.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a Canadian, why do you carre?

12 May, 2008 11:36  
Blogger Magnus said...

You are my neighbours, why wouldn't I care?

12 May, 2008 13:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture is uncalled for.

12 May, 2008 19:03  
Blogger Magnus said...

The picture that Limbaugh used in the context of Chelsea Clinton was unwarranted, but I am not so sure that this one is.
I'm not a fan of Mr. Obama's, but I think Ms. Clinton is just playing bad politics.

12 May, 2008 23:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't blame her for sticking in until the end. Obama seems to have a rather large horseshoe up his ass...and I think he's wrong to focus on McCain until he is the official candidate. To ignore your fellow runner is the deepest form of disrespect if you ask me...
FYI - I don't like the picture myself...it's the whole woman dog thing...I know it's not intented, but could be implied...

Off to have more meds...

13 May, 2008 09:01  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I the woman/dog thing never even entered my mind when I red it, Geosomin. I think maybe sometimes people think too much. What immediately came to my mind was Cardinal Ratzinger a.k.a. God's Rotweiler, who is now the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
So Clinton is the attack dog. I did not even think of the B word, or that W is a dog. Not even a glimpse in my peripheral vision. I think too many people in the West have politically correct filters over their vision. It is crippling.

Free the words!!!

13 May, 2008 11:11  
Blogger Magnus said...

I stand by the picture. Ms. Clinton is hanging on and should just let it go. She's getting vicious and I think she's earned being ignored by Mr. Obama.
Hypothetically, had Mr. Obama stated that Ms. Clinton didn't stand a chance in a particular primary because she is a woman, he would have had his testicles handed back to him on a stick. If I had put up a picture of a pig in an article about Mr. Obama making comments like those, it would have been considered well warranted by most.
The picture is called for. Ms. Clinton has crossed lines and she deserves to lose support if she has to resort to race and gender baiting.

13 May, 2008 21:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home