Friday, December 02, 2005

Wuh Ha-pun?

CD in Play: Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Well, hell must have frozen over because the Lower Mainland of British Columbia sure seems to have. Not that it is an impressive sight for people living in the remote wilderness of BC's north country or in cosmopolitan prarie centres such as Saskatoon, but it is odd for this place at this time of year. It snowed earlier in the week, but didn't really stick where I am. I live at the foot of a hill in a low lying basin of "reclaimed" bog lands, so it tends to be a little warmer here than elsewhere.
So here is to a long cold winter - may the ski hills overflow with abundance, may it replenish the water reserves and kill off the pine beetle infestations.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn tootin. Over here we thought we were safe from the pine beetle, because there was a little thing called the Rocky Mountains in the way. But they made it over, and they've found infested trees right in town.

BTW, in response to your earlier questions, I'll be in town from basically the 20th to basically the 30th. There ya go.

02 December, 2005 11:27  
Blogger Magnus said...

Woo-Hoo!!!!!

02 December, 2005 18:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'ma shaking my stick here, I'ma shaking it at...




Okay, so maybe that's not something I should be doing at work, especially when customers walk in...

05 December, 2005 12:37  
Blogger Geosomin said...

I'm confused and a little scared...

05 December, 2005 13:43  
Blogger Magnus said...

Read the tag line for my blog at just below the MLK quote on my gmail account.

"more blog than you can shake a stick at."

05 December, 2005 13:57  
Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

Customers? Where do you work these days, anyway?

06 December, 2005 00:54  
Blogger Magnus said...

MacDonalds I think.

06 December, 2005 10:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing Graphic Design in a photography studio, but there's also a book store out front.

10 December, 2005 14:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home