Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Son of Lazy Blogging

It is foggy outside. I watched it creep up on The Heights (North Burnaby) and then crawl across the landscape. It's cold and smells as though a skunk sprayed something outside, so I am closing the window.

Current attire: Jeans, old grey socks, plain black t-shirt.

Current mood: Reflective. I just spent and hour on wikipedia.org reading up on cheese, the Crusades, the Kalevala, Hinduism, The Vedas, Bhagavad Gita . (I had a copy of that but lost it)

Current music: Good, Morphine.

Current annoyance: Where to start?

Current thing: Might be biting the bullet and taking a job I promised myself I would never take. But I always said you got give me the green if you want to see me in red.

Current desktop picture: An old family picture of High Street in Dowlais, Wales.

Current song in head: "Claire" by Morphine. F.ing haunting, I tells ya. Morphine are an all-time favourite of mine. I haven't listened to their first album, Good, in a while. "Claire" isn't my favourite song on the album - at least not the verses and chorus - but the middle section is just so beautiful. I find myself tracking back over and over again to listen to it.

Current book: I plan to read Philip K. Dick's Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said. My friend Gavin said it bears a resemblance to something I have been working on. I also need to get a copy of Burmese Days by George Orwell and am wanting to read up on Meister Eckhart again.

Current culinary obsession: Korean

Currently speaking, films I am interested in seeing: Jarhead; The Constant Gardener; Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang; Curse of the Were-rabbit.

Current refreshment: I would have to go down and look at the bottle, but it is some kind of sugar cane booze from Cuba. My Dad's girlfriend bought it, hated it - so it is all mine. *hic*

Current worry: Same stuff - finances, schooling, etc.

Current thought: Too many to sort out. Damn brain.

5 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

Give you the green to see you in red...
Oh Byrun. All I could think of was a Santa suit. Not a Santa suit?? I've heard they paid enough, but I don't think I could have the patience...mind you maybe they'll be on their best behaviour cuz they think you're Santa. Or maybe you could have a bit of fun with their little minds....>;)

22 November, 2005 13:41  
Blogger Magnus said...

$20.00 and hour apparently, though I am still waiting to hear back from them. Damn theives stealing my phone.

27 November, 2005 01:41  
Blogger Geosomin said...

Wow...it's only minimum wage here...Do they have an opening for Mrs. Claus??

28 November, 2005 10:56  
Blogger Magnus said...

It wouldn't be a dept. store Santa, it is for privately planned children's events.
How could be Mrs. Claus? I mean, we're not Mormons so polygamy is out of the question.

28 November, 2005 17:48  
Blogger Magnus said...

...mind you maybe they'll be on their best behaviour cuz they think you're Santa. Or maybe you could have a bit of fun with their little minds....>;)


--- I was walking along Granville Street today and I thought it would be cool to have a list of all the kids at the event - one that tells me whose naughty and who's nice. The good ones get a stocking stuffed with goodies, the bad ones get the ol' coal in a sock treatment. (preferably in those terrifying socks Trent's mother makes, sorry Trent)

28 November, 2005 20:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home