Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 2009, blah, blah, blah.

iPodery: Blonde Redhead, Stereolab and Neurosis

Here's to improved prospects in the New Year. As I posted earlier, I passed my probation and am now officially employed by the Saskatoon Health Region. The work is casual to begin with, so I am not working a great deal at the moment. I will have shifts coming up soon, so hopefully I can remember how to do my job when it comes up. I have only had two autopsies since the 19th of December, so I hope I won't be too rusty. I have been picking up work around the lab, so I am not in too rough a shape right now.
I am missing aspects of Vancouver and Montreal right now. Saskatoon is definitely not the hotbed of nightlife in Canada and selection of goods can leave a bit to be desired. Mind you Montreal is pretty dead from around November until about the middle of March. But it would be nice to have a bit more to do - nice to have more selection when it comes to beer, wine and spirits. I miss the more convenient transit systems of Montreal and Vancouver. Mind you, I knew all this moving here so don't take this as a complaint. I came for the lower cost of living and the University of Saskatchewan. I have a job I couldn't have received in either Vancouver or Montreal. I suppose I could have gone to Calgary, but... well, nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
Ah, whatever. Life is good, just a little dull at times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

The words Saskatoon and nightlife cannot be sincerely said together in the same sentence without sniggering.
See?
*tee hee*

It's gotten much better...come the end of Febuary you'll find anything to do outside your home to be rapturous and marvelous...just you wait :)

14 January, 2009 16:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home