Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Odd Place to Be

iPodery: Stereolab, Chemical Smoke

Finit-O-Mundo

So I met with one of my managers today and I have passed my probationary period. Yeah! Woo-Hoo! Awright! Dyn-O-Mite! And as of next week I have 4 hours. Woo-Ho... oh. Yeah, in case you forgot or if I forgot to mention it: my job is casual/on-call. So, I will be gasping for hours for a while. One guy may retire soon, but even that doesn't guarantee me a full or part time job. I can apply for work within the Health Region, however, and will be doing so .
So 3 months of full time training to end up trained and competent and underemployed. Opportunities are available where I am at, but it is a bit anti-climatic given everything that has happened. As I was leaving one of the hospitals I work at, it was a bit like getting ready to depart from a job for good. Quite odd really. So, I have to pick up hours with a company that I was working for prior to working for the Health Region.

Vancouver Ho!

So, I will be back in Vancouver briefly for Christmas. My apologies to anyone I don't get to see there - time is tight. I am not moving back, just visiting family for the holidays and heading back to this snow strewn, wind paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home