Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Thrust Forward into the 21st Century!!!

Currently on the iPod: The 77's, Underworld, Hot Hot Heat, Super Furry Animals and Holy Fuck

My friend J has done me a very turn. It was something I was thinking about doing for myself come Christmas time, but more likely next year sometime. My discman, only two years old, is beginning to fail in some basic ways so it is with great joy that I announce the arrival of an iPod into my life. I might be wrong about this, but J bought a Mac laptop for his wife Geo and it came with an iPod Nano. J has stated that this particular iPod is superfluous to a couple who already have iPods bigger and better, thus it is mine. I am grateful.
BTW, I had intended to see Hayden tomorrow but have realised that it coincides with my class so I have to pass up the show.

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

Woo-hoo? How many gigs on your Nano? Mine's one of the early editions, so it only has 1GB.

08 October, 2008 00:24  
Blogger Geosomin said...

For some reason when I read this, all I could think of was Duckman going "you thrust your pelvis HUH! you thrust your pelvis HUH! you thrust your pelvis HUH! you thrust your pelvis HUH!".
Glad you like it.
I found I really like the Holy Fuck album...it's good stuff.
Think I'll listen to it right now...

08 October, 2008 09:47  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, Magnus, have you discovered the electric typewriter yet?
Sorry, I am just being mean.

08 October, 2008 10:22  
Blogger Magnus said...

Chuckaway: 4 GB. You have a shuffle, right? I am looking forward to downloading BBC World Service and some audio books.

Geo: Duckman references are always welcome.

Thoth: No need to apologize for such a lame attempt at slamming. ;)

08 October, 2008 18:13  
Blogger Unknown said...

But, seriously, Magnus, congratulations on your new iPod. I have to warn you though, while the things are durable (they can be run over by a truck and still work perfectly), the batteries will die after two or three years of perpetual use. That happened to me. My iPod's battery now only lasts for an hour. I used to use my 30GB iPod every day for almost two years.

08 October, 2008 21:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home