Thursday, November 29, 2007

Arrr... this be the Pieces of Eight Meme

CD in Play: PJ Harvey, White Chalk

Stolen from Diddums by that thievin' scallywag Geosomin and stolen by me, a thievin' Skallagrimsson! Arrr and avast!

Pieces of Eight Meme

8 Things I Am Passionate About

1. Music
2. History
3. Art
4. Ending PC madness and bullshit before it destroys us all.
5. The end of consumerism
6. The Environment.
7. Uisge-beatha (whisky)
8. And, as odd as it saying this and to many people reading this, my Faith. I dislike much about it and many of those who practice it, but I believe it to be true and correct and believe the world is becoming a darker place for turning from it so sharply.

8 Things I Say Often

1. Bloody Hell...
2. I'm affraid I can't let you do that.
3. There's nothing I can do for you, you need to see a doctor/ You want a band-aid for that?
4. Regular light blend, please.
5. So anyways...
6. Oh boy...
7. That reminds me of when I was/a friend of mine/these friends of mine/ a time when, etc.
8. Oh yeah?/ Oh really?

8 Books I’ve Read Recently

1. Virtual Light, William Gibson
2. Idoru, William Gibson
3. Exit Music, Ian Rankin
4. Naming of the Dead, Ian Rankin
5. The Harry Potter Series
6. Gunpowder
7. A People's History of the United States, Howard Zinn (still reading it)
8. A History of Britain

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over

1. White Chalk/The Devil, PJ Harvey (Same album and I am currently flipping back and forth between the two)
2. Making Time, The Creation
3. Only a Northern Song, The Beatles
4. Slvg Dvb, The Orb
5. Secret Journey, The Police
6. Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath
7. Motorcycle, Daniel Amos
8. Gimme Shelter, The Rolling Stones

3 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

It's funny -I can hear you say most of those phrases in my head...esp. "bloody hell!"

30 November, 2007 22:09  
Blogger Magnus said...

Either that or "Oh yeah?" could be my epitaph.

01 December, 2007 01:06  
Blogger RC said...

wow...8 things is quiet a lot.

fun list!

05 December, 2007 20:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home