Thursday, November 29, 2007

Huh...wha?

CD in Play: WAR, The World Is a Ghetto

Weight Loss for the Already Thin?

I saw an advert on television for a weight loss product, you know those miracle products where they show how fat the person was before they took the product compared to where they are now? I don't recall the name, but I do recall that the before pic looked quite fine. The woman had curves, but was by no means fat. The woman presenting the product was looking a bit... I dunno, drug thin? She was clean and presentable, but thin in a way I would associate with certain women who just started making cocaine a habit. She had shapely hips before but was looking kind of boyish in that area now.
They gave her trendy work out clothes and a new, updated hair style. I have to wonder, though, did she really think she needed to lose weight (what little she had) in order to get a make over? Wouldn't she have looked just fine as she was if she had decided to get the make over then? Maybe she would have looked better? She'd would certainly have looked healthier. Two steps forward three steps back and over the the side I suppose.

Is it Friday Yet?

It will be by the time you read this, but man I have been ready to end this week at anytime. Not that it has been particularly brutal, but I just really need my days off right now. (And I took Monday off) All day today and yesterday I had to remind myself that it wasn't Friday yet. that I would have to get up in the morning to come back. I think I might just meet up with an old friend from Sam the Record Man and have a pint and a wee dram `o the uisge-beatha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

mmmm...whiskey. Could use a bit right now. This data entry is dry and I've come down with a bit of a cold, so I'd love to sip at some groggy goodness as I type.

I agree with the whole weight loss thing. I think part of it is caring enough about yourself to get a new haircut and some snazzy threads. It helps you feel better.
I honestly think some of the weight loss stuff goes too far. I mean do you need to have no hips or butt to be thin? That's silly. And yet it's hard not to get caught up in it. It's like no matter what a woman does there is something she could do better for her appearance.
I still don't get the whole tooth whitening thing...unless you smoke who cares? And what is wrong with laugh lines? Doesn't it just mean you are happy?

Should get back at that data.
Later :)

30 November, 2007 22:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home