Friday, July 31, 2009

Whoa-ho-ho...

Been so long since I posted up here. Life has been busy though. I have been covering one and sometimes up to two other people's jobs including my own at work. So i am tired an a bit wared. luckily the long weekend is here and I am just going to relax and try writing a comic i have been drafting up. In the meantime:

Current Favourite Albums: Isis, Wavering Radiant. Very solid disc that just stays with me. I am still unable to commit completely to the new Wilco album. (self titled) I like most of it, but I just don't think it is quite as strong as their previous three albums. I've also been digging up old albums, like Pond's The Practice of Joy Before Death and Sugar's Beaster. (aslo Sugar's song "Gift on their final album) Bob Mould is a very underrated musician and guitarist.

Last Film Seen: I rented The Bank Job recently. I liked it. I like Jason Statham, a wee bit of a one note actor in some respects, but it is a good note. Anyhow, this film was a nice change of pace from his usual fair. if you like heist flicks this is worth checking out. Just rented L4yer Cake so I will see what I think. As for theatre, I just hate seeing films alone so i don't tend to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"As for theatre, I just hate seeing films alone so i don't tend to go."

I know what you mean, Magnus. I feel pretty much the same way. Although, occasionally, seeing movies alone is really nice. Not usually in a crowded theatre though. That is hellish.

31 July, 2009 23:27  
Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

FWIW, I compiled a few links on The Bank Job and the true story behind it here. One of these links includes the actual recording that the real-life ham-radio operator made while the robbery was in progress.

03 August, 2009 14:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home