Saturday, December 22, 2007

Meme of Currentiality

CD in Play: Mojo Presents - Heavy Nuggets

Current Wear: Judge Begbie hat, combat pants, Saffari shirt and moose slippers. Nah, just my standard black shirt and jeans.

Current beverage: Glenrothes Single Malt Whisky. My Dad prefers the Speyside malts because they aren't as peaty as what you get out of the Islands, Campbelltowns and West Highlands. Very smooth and around $85. Comes in the distiller's bottle. Not that this was supposed to be a sales pitch or anything, but it is an impressive malt.

Current song in head: Despite the fact that "My Life is Natural" by Slade is currently playing, (and a fine song it is) I have "Egyptian Tomb" by Mighty Baby (1969) in my head. Mojo magazine is the best magazine for obsessive music geeks like me. Great way to learn more about the bands that obsessed you growing up and the best outlet for hearing bands that we just never heard (or heard enough of) here in North America. I have more from Procol Harem and Slade than radio ever played and discovered bands and performers like the Move, Kevin Ayers and Kaleidoscope through Mojo. The magazine comes with a CD, so when you see Mojo Presents on my CDs in Play above...

Current Culinary Obsession: Vietnamese Phở places. Phở is Vietnamese noodle soup. Many of you know what I am taking about, but some will not. My favourite comes with rare sliced beef, tripe and tendon along with the traditional sides of bean sprouts, hot pepper and Thai basil.

Current Book: William Gibson's Count Zero, which I am about to finish. After that it is Gibson's Mona Lisa Overdrive and finish up the Sprawl Trilogy. I have read both before, but not in over ten years. after that I figure I will read The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, a classic of military strategy and the way of the Samurai.

Current Thing: Same as the last time I did this - get a better job, pay down some debt and move to Saskatchewan so I can get on with my education again, finish up with my Teaching degree and get out of Canada for a bit. I'd like to teach in either Wales, the South West Coast of England or Norfolk. Why? Well My Mum's families came from around those areas. It would be a good chance to learn something about my own history. The big push is teach in and around London as i understand it, but it just seems too crowded and too much bother. We'll see. I need to make $18+ and hour to get this going, but so far no takers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

Tripe?
In soup?
You're a sick man...

24 December, 2007 08:23  
Blogger Magnus said...

No! You're sick... man!

It is really good.

24 December, 2007 09:00  
Blogger Glen McKay said...

Just got back from Hong Kong and had snake soup, as well as a delicious soup with coagulated pig blood.

Don't knock tripe till you try it!

27 December, 2007 05:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home