Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Randomominomia

CD in Play: Isis, Celestial.

Vomit Day

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee” - Ahab to Moby Dick. (Moby Dick by Herman Melville)

It's that time of year again. I hate Valentine's Day. I was the kid who seldom received Valentines, except when someone's parents forced them to give one to every kid in the class. I was never very thrilled to recieve a Valentine from one of the boys.
I have had my heart stomped on, kicked around, slashed, hacked, immolated, impaled and handed back to me on a tarnished silver platter. There was a subheader in the Vancouver Sun this weekend that stated, "Just because you don't go ga-ga for Valentines, doesn't mean you have a black heart." Well, I do. Black as pitch, but it'll start getting redder as the day passes away for another year.

Breach

I just saw Breach, based on the biggest security breach in US history, with Peter Chattaway. I liked the film a lot. I won't give anything away, but I found it to be a compelling espionage film - the sort of espionage flick that I have been wanting to see. One of the trailers I've seen makes the film seem a bit more action orientated than it is, but is still very engaging. Chris Cooper, Ryan Phillipe and Laura Linney all give solid performances. Chris Cooper continues to impress. I'll be interested to see what the pundits make of the film's political position.

Saskatoon Invades

So my friend Geosomin and her husband (whom I a have met once before and hope to make a friend of while he is here) will be visiting as of tomorrow, the 15th. Hanging with Geo was always a good time - one of the most genuine, honest and warmest people I have ever known.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

Awwww...*blush*

Can we come back...?
We mis you already - it just wasn't long enough.

21 February, 2007 07:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home