Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Argh! My Bloody Eyes!

CD in Play: Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti

No really, my bloody eyes. I either had staph food poisoning or caught that norovirus that Geosomin was blogging about a little while ago. I woke up at 4:40 am on Sunday morning and statred vomiting; I stopped vomiting around 9:45 am. It was extremely violent. I had burst the capillaries around my eyelids and today I just noticed that I actually had blood in the whites of my eyes. I think I see fine, but am about to pop in to the doctor have them looked at. I have my driver's test tomorrow and have no desire to cancel. I might not be able to test again until March.

4 Comments:

Blogger Geosomin said...

Oh...I hope you're feeling better.
Sounds like food poisoning to me - last I had it I was violently ill for a few hours. Once the offending food is out, the nausea subsides. The norovirus out here lasts longer and...um...effects both ends, if you get my drift...but not fun either.

I asked about here at the hospital and apparently you can vomit/cough/sneeze violently enough to burst blood vessels in your eye...no real damage, but takes a while to heal and looks rather disconcerting.
I hope you're feeling better.
Happy thoughts.

31 January, 2007 07:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

Usually you have to eat oysters to get the Norovirus. A lot of news about it on this end (not not end in that sense, get your mind out of the gutter, folks!). It's most common in Asia, and Japan, in particular, where ministers are having to do photo-ops of them eating oysters.

31 January, 2007 08:30  
Blogger Magnus said...

The blood in my right eye actually really brings out the green in my iris when it is green and helps the grey to more prominent when they turn. (my eyes are either green, grey, aquamarine or very infrequently blue)
Oddly enough the thought of raw oysters right now doesn't make me queasy.

31 January, 2007 10:27  
Blogger Geosomin said...

When J got his laser surgery done he had burst vessels in one eye from it...he told anyone who asked it was because he sneezed when the lazer was on. The reaction was hilarious...

31 January, 2007 12:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home