Saturday, November 18, 2006

*Hic*

CD in Play: Supergrass, I Should Coco.

Clustification!

Wow... 5,812 visits to this blog since the 27th of this year, when I first had the Clustr Map uploaded onto my blog. And it covers quite a swath too. Given my fascination with the Arctic, Baffin Island (Iqalit I am guessing) is a welcome edition as is what I am guessing to be Churchill, Manitoba. Thoth in Taiwan continues to scare me, in that he seems to visit my blog more often than I do. Saudi Arabia and UAE are probably all my friend Glen, who's working in Qatar. Visitors from the UK seem to be growing as are the places in South America. Still, please feel free to drop a line on the blog even if just to say "Hi", "Hello", "Allo", "Hey", "Hei", "Hallo", Здравствулте!, etc.

Bloody Sunday

It's that time of year again: Grey Cup. A friend is having a Grey Cup party, but I have other things to do. I could care less about organized sports, as I have indicated on here before. BC won and I suppose that's kind of cool, but it just doesn't matter to me at all. Just seems that Organised Religion has either been entirely relpaced or supplemented by Organised Sports. Funny thing is you can say you don't believe in a religion and get fewer askew looks than if you say you don't follow a particular sport.
I spent my day drinking actually. Uisge Beatha, Gwirod - Water of Life. Whisky and one pint o' Smithwicks. Hard alcohol doesn't have that great an effect on me, not like beer. Whiskies of the day included Redbreast and Tullamore Dew representing Ireland and for Scotland we have Cragganmore and a 15 year old Arran Island whisky aged in port casks. By virtue of the Arran entry in to the competion, I declare Scotland to be the winner. (may my Irish ancestors heap forgiveness upon my soul and may the taste of Redbreast never lose its charms) If my Mum is reading this, she is no doubt having the heart attack she believes I ought to be having - but relax Mum, I am fine.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Baffin Island is pretty wild.

The Taiwan vists might not be all mine. I have a link to you in my sidebar, and a number of Taiwanese and foreigners living here visit my blog and some visit your site.

But yeah, yeah, I do visit your site a lot. If you'd blog more, I wouldn't be so anxious to wonder, did he post yet? Yes, I know, you don't have easy access to the internet, but can't you use ESP?

19 November, 2006 21:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoth:

You could always subscribe to the RSS feed, so that you don't have to keep checking; it'll send you the first few paragraphs, even. If the post is short enough, you won't even have to go and visit the site....

Except, you know, to check on comments.

20 November, 2006 10:44  
Blogger Geosomin said...

But checking in is half the fun...

21 November, 2006 07:15  
Blogger Glen McKay said...

Hmmm, the Saudi and UAE ones shouldn't be me as I haven't been to either of those places yet.

It does remind me that I should link your blog in my sidebar . . .

21 November, 2006 09:58  
Blogger Magnus said...

Yeah, but I don't know html. Trent used to do it for me, but since I switched from blogger to beta blogger, my gmail password is the only password. I have to delete Doug's non-existant blog and ad yours.
I though Qatar was part of the UAE?

21 November, 2006 18:24  
Blogger Glen McKay said...

Nope, Qatar is a separate country. They almost border one another but unfortunately there's about 20 miles of Saudi Arabia between the two. That means it's a real pain in the butt if someone wants to drive from Qatar to the UAE because the Saudi border is not something one can cross easily. Ex-pats fly between the two countries instead.

22 November, 2006 06:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home