Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

CD in Play: Neko Case, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood.

Well Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Americans celebrate it in November, but north of the 49th Parallel we celebrate in October - I have no idea why. I will be sitting down to roast lamb and assorted veggies, etc in a couple of hours.

Current Book: Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin. The second book by Rankin I have undertook, his first Rebus novel.

Current thing I am looking forward to: Retesting for my driver's license. As stated earlier in ths blog, I was in a dispute with ICBC. After a while it went in my favour, however, I have to retest for my license as does anyone who has been without one for over six months. I won't have a vehicle, but a DL opens up employment opportunities and I can borrow my Father's vehicle from time to time. Motorcycles are cheap transportation so I will probably look at getting my Class 6 next year sometime.

Current "Thing": Sudoku. Much easier than I thought it was and I am improving.

I have cable for the first time in a while and it is actually good to see some shows. Lots of crap though - lots of crap. I am also looking forward to sitting down and watching the Battlestar Galactica Season 3 opener, which should just have finished taping. Season Premiere of Doctor Who is tomorrow night and I have found myself getting into Supernatural as well. I had written the show off as a violent Hardy Boys for the Joss Whedon generation, but I have been surprised at what I have seen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... whadyathink of BSG? Saw the opener for Who already - not so into it.

09 October, 2006 00:45  
Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

Hey, you're getting into Sudoku too? Cool! I've become quite an addict, myself, in the past few months.

09 October, 2006 01:03  
Blogger Glen McKay said...

FYI, in the 1930s Canada's Parliament moved Thanksgiving to October because it was too close to Rememberance Day, I think there was even one year in the 1920s where it was on the same day (yikes!)

09 October, 2006 01:28  
Blogger Magnus said...

Hmmm... well I salute Parailment for giving us a long week end in October - Stat pay five or six months in a row is a good thing.

09 October, 2006 10:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home