Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Assorted Bits

CD in Play: The Super Friendz, Mock Up,Scale Down.

The Revenge of Xenu: The South Park Saga Continues

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060322/ca_pr_on_en/tv_south_park

I read this article and the sound bite that drifted through my head was one from the Vetrinarian's Hostpital sketch on The Muppet Show, "...the never ending story about a quack who's gone to the dogs." What does that has to do with South Park's battle with Scientology? I dunno... don't ask me how my brain works, we haven't been on speaking terms for a while now.

And now for something completely different...

A friend emailed me a letter allegedly written by John Cleese notifying the United States that its Independence had been revoked and it that it was now, once again, a British Colony. Amusing as it is, it was also not written by Mr. Cleese. I direct you to the link below,
http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/revocation.asp
Included here are the "letter" and two American responses to said letter. Favourite item in one response is, "9. We'll tell you who killed JFK when you apologize for "Teletubbies"."
Another link to check out is, http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blrevocation_cleese.htm.
So go forth and demythologise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blog more, my friend!

I haven't heard from you in my blog space in a while, either! Or even in your space. I mentioned, how does it feel now that your blog is just over 1 year old?

I look forward to reading your words again soon, Magnus!

27 March, 2006 06:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just started working again -graveyard shifts, so i am pretty bagged. As a matter of factI have to go to bed right now.
Have some posts in the works.

27 March, 2006 14:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home