Thursday, March 02, 2006

Time to Geek Out and Go Completely Fahrbot

CD in Play: Isis, Celestial

I thanked her privately, but a public thanks is in order to Betty for sending me the Farscape series on VHS. Much appreciated and I will try to return the favour somehow at some point in time. When I first saw Farscape I had a very hard time getting into it. It is a strange show, very alien, but it can grow on you. (it does require you to embrace and be comfortable with the geek within, however) I managed to get into Farscape because I developed a liking for the character of Rygel, a puppet developed by the Hensons' company. There are around three or four episodes that I have not seen and keep missing somehow or the other, so now is the time to catch up.

7 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

You're welcome!

03 March, 2006 13:37  
Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

Ah, Betty, I really need to catch up on Farscape myself still, don't I? First things first, though -- I still have almost two seasons of Babylon 5 to watch.

04 March, 2006 00:41  
Blogger Magnus said...

Well... since I have the series now, I could loan it to you and missus. Of course I am showing it to Gavin first.

04 March, 2006 00:49  
Blogger Betty said...

Yes, Peter, you do. You really, really do. :)

04 March, 2006 01:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were right Betty, "A Human Reaction" is an important episode. Two episodes I haven't seen before that I really liked were "Through the Looking Glass" and "The Way We Weren't".
Also surprised by how wrong I was about the split between the seasons.

05 March, 2006 19:55  
Blogger Betty said...

Oh, "The Way We Weren't" is a damn fine piece of television. Much to my embarrassment, after something like four or five viewings, it still makes me cry.

If you ask me, that Muppet deserves a freakin' Emmy. :)

07 March, 2006 18:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remeber George Lucas stating he needed CGI because audiences were too sophisticated to believe anything else. (a paraphrase) However, Henson's company has done a fine job. Rygel is so life-like it is had to believe he isn't actually floating around in his chair somewhere Down Under. Same thing for Pilot, to a lesser extent. His movenets do seem to be those of a muppet, but his expressions are so emotive. (which goes for Kermit the Frog as well when you get down to it)

08 March, 2006 00:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home