Sunday, September 09, 2007

RIP Madeleine L'Engle

CD in Play: Neurosis, Times of Grace.

While the news lamented the passing of the famed Italian tenor, Luciano Pavarotti, the death of an enormous literary talent passed by largely unnoticed. Madeleine L'Engle passed away on September 6th as well. L'engle was the author of such books as A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet and Many Waters. It has been far too long since I have read any of these books and need to rectify that soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. That *is* sad. A wrinkle in time was a favorite book of mine when I was younger.
It's odd waht gets covered and what doesn't...

10 September, 2007 08:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years ago I finished reading the Time Quartet for the first time in over twenty years - well except for "Many Waters" which I had not read before. The first two, "Wrinkle in Time" and "Wind at the Door" I read aloud to Christina, while the last two, "Swiftly Tilting Planet" I read to myself.

Memory Eternal, Madeleine L'Engle

11 September, 2007 21:51  
Blogger RC said...

i certainly remember when i read a wrinkle in time...

it was the first book of it's kind i had ever read.

19 September, 2007 22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home