Tuesday, August 14, 2007

If you are going to dump illegally...

...then do it and make a point at the same time. Vancouver is in the middle of a strike affecting garabage collection. Many people are inclined to blame CUPE and the workers, but I think it has been amply shown that the city of Vancouver and its mayor, Sam Sullivan, wanted to push the workers into a strike. A strike allows the city to save money and to create a scapegoat for targets they may not be able to achieve for the 2010 Winter Olypmpics. Blame the workers, blame the unions - it has worked so often before.
I say Sullivan and his crew are idiots and they have inconvenienced the people of Vancouver simply to further their own agenda. If I were still in Vancouver and not living in Delta, I would be inclined to dump my garbage off at City Hall or to His Worship's personal residence. In fact, I might have also been inclined garbage in East Van parks, on the beaches or in the alley ways of Chinatown and the Downtown Eastside - they should dump it in well-to-do neighbourhoods like Shaunessey, Kerisdale and Marpole. But I live in Delta now, so it would be pointless for me to anything of the sort.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home