Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Beavers Ripped My Flesh. Rzzzzz!

CDs in Play: Groundhogs, The Best Of.

I have been sawing my way through Rankin's Rebus novels in the same way a beaver chews through wood. Make that that a beaver with a buzzsaw. I have taken a bit of a break from the Rebus series for the moment, since I received so many books for Christmas. I have Rankin's eleventh Rebus novel, Set in Darkness, sitting at home along with his collection of short stories (Beggar's Banquet) and will pick those up again sometime soon.
Nothing indicates to me more that I am ready to be bac in school than the return of my capacity to read. I am cutting quite the swath through Zinn's A People's History of the United States, a subject that moderately interested me at best. I need to dig out my old Biology and Anatomy textbooks to start re-reading, take advantage of this momentum.
Since one of the places I am looking at teaching is the UK, I have been digging into that region's history a little more in particular. There seems, finally, some impetus to look at the history from the British Isles from the point of view of the Celts rather than the standard Anglo-Saxon/Norman bias that has pervaded over the years. Basically, the name of the game is to become very flexible when it comes to teaching. But then, I am also aiming at becoming an Art teacher as well.
It's good to be back in the saddle again - well this particular saddle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home