Friday, January 12, 2007

Comets

For those of you who are ignorant, as I was until this evening, that Comet McNaught has been visible in the lower portion of the horizon - know now that the 12 of January is your last chance to see it. It will be coming around sometime by sunset and low in the horizon, so get up high if you can and scan for it. The top picture is Comet McNaught (CP/2006 P1, picture by Roger Johansen of Hammerfest, Norway - used in all due respect and awe) the other is Comet Ikeya-Seki, included just because I like the photo.





1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Magnus. No, I'm still around. But, it looks like I'll be back in Canada for a week. Toronto (actually Hamilton) for a bit and Montreal for a bit. A relative of mine died. I want to visit Montreal to see some much missed friends. I wish I could come to Vancouver, but it's too far off the beaten track from the other two cities and too expensive at this point. A friend of mine is going to put me up for a couple of nights in Montreal, as well. I'm a bit depressed and burnt out these days. A bit better, maybe than a week ago, but still... I found out on Thursday that someone in my family died. Wow. So many people are dying these days.

12 January, 2007 21:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home