Thursday, August 18, 2005

Blogging for Fun or Profit II

CD in Play: Audio Learning Center - Cope Park

I have just experienced splogging. For those of you who are unaware of what splog is it is spam for blogs. How did I learn about it? It was in a message that someone used to splog me with. I imagine this is not unique to others but this was cyber-stalking at its most pathetic.
I deleted the message and there was a new message right on its heels, and then another and another and another. I imagine that I was being targeted deliberately because I made a comment and referred to people who spam (or splog) as losers. So I deleted the comments section from my blog. Too bad. I didn't get scads of comments on everything I wrote and most of the comments I got were from my friend Trent - but it was communication and other people seemed to have things to say.
If the online community is just that - a community, then spamming and splogging are highly anti-social activities. We are inundated with advertising no matter where we go, it is time to draw a line and keep our online lives ad free. There need to be laws protecting the average citizen from advertising, particularly nuisance adverts like spam and splog. Blog providers like Blogger (aka Google) need to step up to the plate and hit sploggers out of the ballpark. It is their service and they should shoulder the responsibility.
One splogger has destroyed something that I quite enjoyed, and many others are doing the same to many other blogs. Anyone who makes a comment should have to surrender their ISPN to Blogger for reference. Splogging should be regarded as a hostile activity the same as cracking.
Am I ranting? Hell yeah. Am I serious? I am dead serious. Take action. Write Blogger or your other blog providers and make changes. Time to set things straight, that a persons right to try and earn profit cannot infringe on our rights, realized or as yet unrealized.

3 Comments:

Blogger Magnus said...

I am trying out a new feature to try and weed out the splog. If it fails I'll just go back to having no comments

20 August, 2005 18:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enlarge the size of your Willy!

Drink Vicogora!

Yes, Vicogora! It's Chocolate flavoured love juice at its finest.

Only available in Saskatchewan.

22 August, 2005 17:33  
Blogger Geosomin said...

Mmmmm...Vicogora. Gotta love that sweet prairie goodness. Throw in a little ralkulkin and goat cheese and you've got a godd ol' fashioned prairie love fest.

Only in Saskatchewaner eh? Pity.....

14 September, 2005 14:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home