Tagged Like an Animal
Geosomin has tagged me as she was tagged by Pacian. The rules of this little chain are thus: "The Kreativ Blog award rules are: Link to the person who tagged you. (done) Post the rules on your blog: Write 6 random things about yourself. Tag 6 people and let each of them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Go back to the awarder and let them know that your entry is up."
1. I work as an autopsy technician, am not bothered by the gore that my job entails - but despise "slasher" flicks like Saw, Friday the 13th, Hostel, ad nauseam. Such films are more accurately described as torture porn and I have no interest in them. Interesting how some people assume that I would be into these films, wondering if these films are what desensitized me enough to do my job. I would counter that maturity, life experience and the perspective that comes with age allowed me to me job. I wouldn't hire on a person for my job if they were into torture porn. I can't tell you exactly why I am able to do the job that I do, I just am.
2. I practice accents when no one is around. I don't act anymore and there are no commercial outlets for my talents, but I am obsessed with developing an array of British Isles accents. The "Northern" accents (Manchester, Leeds, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Sheffield are the hardest I have found - they also cut into my Scottish accent. (which is becoming more decidedly Aberdonian I have been told) Why do I spend private time doing this? Pure enjoyment.
3. I view myself as a Vancouverite/Lower Mainlander first, British Columbian second and Canadian third. My home region and I may not get along, but I have a peculiar sense of fidelity to it. I almost feel guilty leaving it in some ways.
4. I have a reoccurring dream since the age of eleven where I am forced into playing the role of Prometheus. The dream usually entails that a group of people I know (often some of the people in my Grade 6 class still figure into the dream) are placed into the roles of Greek gods. The monastery in Mission BC becomes Mount Olympus. I am always cast in the role of Prometheus and I usually spend my time thwarting the other "gods" and decrying our so-called divinity.
5. I am in incredible procrastinator. In fact I have been thinking it is time to see someone about the problem. I suppose I will get around to it, eventually.
6. Talent and intelligence are aphrodisiacs. There are many things that will attract me to a woman, but talent is something that seals the attraction. Hidden talent or unrealised talent have much the same effect. This especially true of artistically gifted women. Not that I am attracted every artistically talented woman I have ever met, mind you.
A friend, Blair, once write that "stupid people are ugly" and he is right. Intelligence, particularly assertive intelligence play a big part in attraction. One woman I was very interested in caught my eyes, ears and every other sense in my body just by asking "why", by doggedly pursuing a line of inquiry and not letting me get away with easy answers. She questioned me until I had to say "I don't know" and the attraction was sealed.
Banality is a great way of making me uninterested. Be like everyone else, desire nothing but what you are "supposed" to have, do nothing, think nothing interesting and you have lost me.
I don't have a great many friends on the blogosphere and two have already been tagged by Geo. So I tag Thoth and I tag Glenn and anyone interested enough to pursue this chain. If need be, respond in my comments if you lack a blog of your own.