Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Um... Hi.

CD in Play: Mogwai, Mr. Beast.

Hello. Been a while, but my life has been so very hectic of late. I traded some shifts with a co-worker so I will have a bit more time off this week. (though I have the sneaking suspicion that I may be working 8am to midnight on Sunday) Still have some posts in the work, just have not been able to get to them.

Current Attire: Black tuxedo with a mandarin style collar, black silk vest and a monocle.

Current Song in Head: Despite Mogwai's excellent Mr. Beast, the song I have on my head in "Hung Up on a Dream" by The Zombies from their 1968 album Odyssey and Oracle. Despite the sappy sounding title it is a good song, part of the Psych Out! compilation from the UK music mag, Mojo. (the issue has a picture of Pink Floyd's David Gilmore - surprise, surprise) I have always thought the Zombies were a too often overlooked and underrated band. Kaleidoscope's "(Further Reflections) In the Room of Percussion" is my other favourite song off of the comp.

Current Annoyance: I cannot seem to send email from my gmail account on the computer I am currently forced to use. I can do it from other places, but not here. Not that my friends email that much these days anyway. *Sniff* I am sooo unloved... Anyhow, should you need to get in touch with me do so through the old, spam-ridden Yahoo! accounts. I was about to delete them too.

Current Preoccupation: My friend Gavin has some Doctor Who on video and one on DVD, so I have been watching some of it. He has "The Green Death" on DVD, which I will watch this weekend. Can't say the Patrick Troughton stuff hasn't grabbed me so far. He also has some William Hartnell, (liked the Dalek episodes) John Pertwee, Colin Baker and Sylveste McCoy stuff. I am curious, but not a fan as of yet. If it weren't for Christopher Eccleston's involvement in the newest series, I probably would not have given it a chance. Although, there had been a rumour that Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting, Ravenous, The Full Monty) was going to be the Doctor and that I would have watched.
Also resumed the Farscape-a-thon courtesy of Betty's generous gift. Just starting a favourite three parter of mine - "We're So Screwed".

Current Favourite Food: Tofu, I kid you not. Trying to do it the way the Chinese do it. Would also love to be able to make Agedashi tofu, a Japanese dish.

Current Beverage: St. Peter's "Organic Ale". The label on the back says it has been brewing beer in Suffolk, England for over 700 years. I like it, decent brewery. Great bottle too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, rats! 'Cause I just sent you an email to your gmail account. My most recent message from you was from that account, and I have gmail too, plus it is really good for sending large files and images.

26 April, 2006 07:31  
Blogger Geosomin said...

But, we do love you. We're just lazy and have started to replace blogging with regular mail. I've gotta be better on that myself...sorry. But, if you keep wearing such classy clothes we'll all be intimidated by you and have to admire you from afar. I'm afraid I'm just not that classy!

As for Dr. Who, the McCoy years are my favorite by far. Some of the 4th and 5th doctors were OK too and I always like K9, but a lot of the companions were a bit screamy (like Mel). The 5th doctor had a neat companion for a while who was trying to kill him, that was interesting. And the 6th doctor was genuinely strange and not always likeable, which made for interesting stories. Mainly I like McCoy and I liked Ace too...she was my hero.

27 April, 2006 08:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home