Thursday, March 17, 2005

All Blogged Up

Why did I start a blog? One friend told me it was great place to meet chicks. Another friend told me that the bogosphere was a real sausagefest so I decided to start my own and contribute to the problem. All my friends have told me that if I am going to be a loud-mouthed jerk I may as well do it online.
Seriously though, why did I start a blog? My friend Trent Ernst and my Father are both big technology junkies and "internerds" who figured that someone with as many opinions (and as many strong opinions) as I have should have a place to present them. Apparently, many people consider this more constructive than hassling people on street corners, in coffee shops and in movie theatres. My father also said that dropping my pants in public wasn't going to get people to take me seriously, just arrested. Also as my friends get older, married, get careers, become parents and so on, it is getting harder to get together with them to have the serious and not-so-serious discussions we once thrived on. Maybe the online world is the answer? I am also unemployed at the moment and bored hopelessly out of my mind.
So here is my narcissistic temple to ME! The place where my thoughts and opinions rule supreme!! THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE MAGNUS IS KING!!! PUT AWAY YOUR OLD GODS AND WOR... hey, wait! I'm sorry, I 'll be nice... don't go! No, don't go to that blog stay here! I have chocolate...

4 Comments:

Blogger Magnus said...

Thanks Carrison. I should state "Magnus" is a working name a pseudonym.

18 March, 2005 11:39  
Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

What, Magnus, the fact that I started a blog just a day or two ago doesn't also factor into your reasons for taking the plunge now? :)

18 March, 2005 11:44  
Blogger Magnus said...

Sort of, but Trent had been mentioning it for the past year and my Dad did mention it to me from time to time.
Looking at yours, I realised that I could do this without shelling out cash. I looked in some other places and they wanted money.

18 March, 2005 11:47  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, Magnus, how does it feel, now that your blog is over one year old?

zztlmala

24 March, 2006 08:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home